Saturday 24 September 2011

Little Conversations

Izzie is at such a fun age.  She is learning so much, so quickly.  Who knew I could be so entertained by watching a 1 year old's mind work, and boy does it work.  That little runt is sneaky.  Yesterday, she really wanted to go outside, but we were all in the middle of something.  It wasn't a good time to go out despite her persistence.  So this little stinker got a tennis ball and threw it out an open window and said, "Uh oh! Outside!" hoping that would be her ticket to freedom.   

She has been talking in sentences for a while, but this morning we had our first real conversation.
Well our first conversation other than her asking to watch Dora.  We have this little gem every morning:
Izzie: Watch Dora?
Me: No, Izzie, we are not going to watch Dora.
Izzie: Watch Dora?
Me: No, Izzie, we are not going to watch Dora.
Izzie: Boots?
Again, she is a sneaky little thing.

Anyway, we had our first conversation this morning, and even though it was about stinkin' ol' Ross, it melted my heart.  Here it how it went:
Izzie: Wanna see Uncle Ross
Me: Ross isn't here.
Izzie: Where he go?
Me: He's at G's house
Izzie: Wanna go to G's house.

How sweet is she?

This got me thinking...since this blog is supposed to be about keeping you folks in the loop, I thought I would start another weekly series called Izzie Says.  I will record the memorable things she has said for the week.  I say this is for your reading pleasure, but we all know it is really for my benefit.  I want to be able to remember all of this stuff.  I mean, I am going to need good material if I plan to fulfill me parental obligation of embarrassing her any chance I get.

This week in Izzie says:
I wanna hold you.  Translation: Hold me.
Bess you, Ross.    (This is said anytime he makes a noise that sounds anything like a sneeze.)
Pease, Mommy!    Translation: I know you will give me what ever I want if I say this.
Dank Kew!            Translation: Thank you
I Sneaky!               (She yells this very loudly while tiptoeing to sneak up on someone.)
Reach Bapple         Translation: Can someone taller than mommy take me down the street to steal apples out of the neighbor's tree?
Poo Poo                  Translation: I want to sit on the potty and not do anything, so that you will give me a piece of chocolate.

Now for your daily dose of Izzie.  This is a picture from earlier this summer, but I just love it so much.  She rarely smiles for a camera


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I finally figured out how to post a comment.

    Jess...this is great! I am so happy to be able to keep up with how all of you are doing. These pictures are all so cute of Izzy. And I like your middle school picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! I love the Izzie Says idea!

    ReplyDelete